Wisdom Talks 15 – The 4 Miracles
At no other time in the history of humanity are we exposed to so much information around the world, causing overload of the mind. There is so much thought happening and getting in the way of experience and connecting to life and each other.
In this episode of Wisdom Talks John Barter reflects on why reducing and pausing thoughts and the right use of thoughts are so important for us.
In This Episode:
- Reflecting on and appreciating The 4 Miracles
- The Miracle of Life
- The Miracle of Thought
- The Miracle of Right Thought
- The Miracle of No Thought
- The right wholesome skillful use of thought. Thinking about things at the right time, at the right place, to the right degree.
- How unskillful thought can get us into a lot of trouble eg thoughts that feed into and fuel anxiety, stress, depression, overwhelm
- How meditation becomes profoundly important to allow the mind to take a break from thinking
- Putting yourself on a thought diet