Cover of Mindfulness Meditations CDOn this double CD set, Psychologist and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher John Barter brings his 25 years of continuous practice in Mindfulness and Meditative disciplines to guide us in an appreciation and application of Mindfulness Meditation.
Both beginners and established Meditators will find great benefit from this unique presentation, bringing the possibility of Meditation into contemporary life for both health and performance. The music between the exercises is a beautiful track called ‘Tranquilaise’, by Australian artist ENS. ‘Tranquilaise’ is peaceful and calming, yet modern, its appeal going beyond stereotypical ‘new age’ sounds of a few years ago and bringing the idea of Meditation to a whole new audience.
The first CD of the set ‘Appreciating Mindfulness’ includes the tracks of:
- Overview of this dual CD set
- A background to John Barter and WELL-AWARE-NESS
- Definitions: What is Meditation and Mindfulness ?
- Tuning into the feeling of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness in Buddhist Practice ‘ ‘The Four Foundations of Mindfulness’
- Psycho-Physical Therapeutic Potentials of Mindfulness Meditations
- Meditation and the Metaphor of ‘Putting the Mug Down’
- Mindfulness and Energy
- Meditation Practice Pointers
- Dealing with the Difficulty in ‘Stopping’
- Help with the Mental Hindrances to Meditation
- John Barter’s ‘ ‘Five Factors of Mindfulness’
The second CD of the set ‘Practicing Mindfulness’ includes the tracks of:
- Introduction to our Mindfulness Meditation
- Guided Mindfulness of the Breath Meditation (20 minutes)
- Guided Mindfulness of the Breath Meditation (40 minutes)
Mindfulness Meditations by John Barter is available from WELL-AWARE-NESS Psychology, as well as a variety of Books and CD retail outlets.
Available digitally –
ITunes – Mindfulness Meditations: Appreciating and Practicing Mindfulness – John Barter’s CD