Wisdom Talks 12 – The 4 Paccaya
In this episode of Wisdom Talks John Barter reflects on the 4 Paccaya. Translated as the four supports or conditions on which Buddhist monastics depend on for sustenance of life. It is not only an important reflection for Buddhist monastic’s but for anybody and everybody.
In this Episode:
- Reflections on and use of the 4 Paccaya
- The wise use of these 4 basic supports for physical existence and the health of the body, to help with a calm clear mind for spiritual development.
- Living in a westernised modern culture it’s easy to take these 4 Paccaya for granted.
- Reflection on these four basic supports for physical life and how much time, energy and money we are spending on these basic supports.
- How much do we really need without being extravagant?
- Making some adjustments on these four requisites can help to simplify our life.
- Comparison of our focus on physical development verse mental development