Students view the HSC as stressful – but this can be changed
We completed our 4 week HSC – Help Stay Calm during the HSC Journey (Co-Presented by John Barter & Megan Miller).
We like to refer to our students in year 11 and 12 as ‘Emerging Adults’.
These emerging adults view the HSC as a very stressful time – however changing this thinking to a perception of it being a challenge of learning and growth can create a much more positive attitude with more joy around the whole HSC experience.
Using the 7 Attitudes can help
1. Beginners Mind (beginning fresh each time – whatever the experience may be)
2. Open Mind (non reactive, acknowledging and accepting)
3. Right Balance of Energy (pacing oneself)
4. Patience & Care (towards others and ones self)
5. Difficulties as Opportunities (making the most of each experience, learning from each experience)
6. Letting Go (don’t waste time and energy by holding on to things or emotions)
7. Last Moment Mind (accept the experience as if it was the last time to experience it)
Comments on this course –
- Amelia (Student) – I loved it!
- Matthew (Father of Student) – Was great, I got to have one on one meail with my son beforehanmd! Excellent course – should be mainstream
- Suzy (Mother of Student) – Thought it was great, and I will recommend to my friends